Our aggressive attorneys are ready to help you to fight to protect your rights. If you've been hurt or suffered property loss due to a road construction accident or as the result of a trucking accident, let us help you.
Come in to speak to our team today. You'll get honest, fair, and frank advice about your legal options.
• Truck accidents
• 18-wheeler accidents
• Roadway construction accidents
• Construction zone accidents
We work hard to ensure you get the maximum compensation for any losses you've suffered.
Super Lawyers recognized our attorneys for excellence.
You can depend on our legal team to be your go-to source of support throughout the claim process.
With more than 60 years of combined experience, you can depend on Mallon Personal Injury Law for any truck or road construction accident claim.
The impact of a truck or tractor trailer on another vehicle can lead to serious damage, injury, and death. This can lead to life-long injuries in many cases. If you've been involved in an accident related to trucks or due to roadway construction, our experienced legal team can help.
What causes truck accidents?
Many factors can lead to trucking accidents. The simple fact that trucks are up to 30 times larger than passenger vehicles means they are a much larger risk on the road. Some of the biggest risks of accidents include the following:
• Fatigue: Drowsy drivers are one of the primary causes of trucking accidents.
• Speeding: Pressure from employers or carelessness that leads to speeding can be a risk factor.
• Mechanical malfunctions: Brakes, suspensions, tires, and other mechanical problems can cause accidents. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration notes that up to 30 percent of accidents come from mechanical breakdowns.
• Drunk driving: Alcohol and drug use can often lead to accidents due to the impairments of the driver.
• Weather: Slick roads, poor visibility, or other conditions, especially when speeding is involved, can lead to accidents.
• Cargo: If cargo is not stored properly, it can spill onto the road, causing accidents.
Trucking laws are complex. It's important to know that if you are involved in a car accident involving a trucking company, you need to seek medical attention, file a police report, and contact an experienced attorney to help you to file claims for your losses.
Any truck can cause an accident
Severe injury can be brought on by:
• Moving trucks
• Delivery trucks
• Package delivery trucks
• Cement trucks
• Garbage trucks
• Tanker trucks
• Dump trucks
Not only will you be dealing with the truck driver, but also the trucking company they work for when you have been involved in an accident. It's important to discuss all of your losses with an attorney, including secondary incidents, such as chemical burns from spilled cargo or pain and suffering.
Have you been involved in a construction accident?
Construction sites are some of the most dangerous areas to operate a vehicle. However, state and local laws are in place to minimize your risks and to ensure that workers, drivers, and passengers on the road are kept safe. Nevertheless, accidents can occur.
What causes roadway construction accidents?
Many factors can lead to these types of accidents. Some of them can be devastating. In 2010, there were more than 80,000 vehicle crashes in U.S. work zones, resulting in thousands of injuries and deaths. Some causes of these accidents include:
• Missing signage indicating road construction
• Poorly designed roads
• Misplaced roadblocks or cones
• Failure to warn about changing road conditions
• Narrow lanes
• Lack of shoulder
• Poorly secured roads
• Sharp curves or dips that are unmarked
• Construction sites that violate safety codes
• Poorly lit construction areas
• Missing speed limit reduction warnings
• Weak or insufficient barriers/guardrails
• Incorrectly placed equipment
• Poor weather
• Malfunctioning traffic alerts or devices
• Failure to clear work zones when not in use
You may have been unsure how to proceed due to a lack of warning or signage. You could have been involved in an accident brought on by another driver not heeding warning signs. When this happens, seek out our attorneys to help you through the process of filing a claim for any losses you've sustained.
When you've been in an accident, call us
All states have specific rules and guidelines for roadway construction projects and work zones. In Maryland, the Maryland Highway Administration mandates specific requirements for roadway work zones. Let our trusted attorneys investigate the cause of the accident and determine if you've been the victim of negligence.