Founded in 1999, Mallon & McCool Attorneys at Law provides comprehensive medical malpractice legal services. If you feel you've been misdiagnosed, call our team to discuss your case openly.
We don't collect a fee from you until we recover compensation for you. Don't wait to call our team. Let us help you today.
We'll make it our job to find out who is at fault or made a mistake that cost you. With cancer, you need every moment you can get.
With 60 years of combined experience, you can depend on Mallon & McCool Attorneys at Law for all of your legal matters.
We're committed to our clients. Call us today to learn more about your legal options. We're an aggressive law firm willing to work hard to meet your specific needs.
Depend on attorneys that understand your medical situation. Let our compassionate, experienced attorneys be there when you are suffering from negligence.
In some situations, doctors fail to diagnose a condition like cancer properly. This may mean missed opportunities for early detection and treatment occur. This impacts your odds of survival and can impact the suffering you go through, including through chronic pain, fatigue, severe weight loss, and fevers resulting from the delay. If you feel you were misdiagnosed, contact our attorneys today to discuss your case.
What causes a misdiagnosis of cancer?
It is estimated that 28 percent of cancer cases are misdiagnosed. That means 1 in 4 patients will either be told they have a different condition or the wrong level or type of cancer. This could be due to failures in testing or procedures, but it can also be the result of doctor negligence. Some causes include:
• Lab errors, such as mishandling samples or equipment mistakes
• Miscommunication, such as failure to report results quickly and clearly
• Lack of screening, patients at risk due to family history don't always get the screenings they should get in time for early detection
Misdiagnosis impacts your well being
If you've been misdiagnosed, the risks are numerous. It may mean that cancer is able to progress and the outlook in your case becomes less certain. It also impacts:
• The course of treatment you are able to use, with more intensive treatments becoming necessary
• Your morale and wellness are impacted, because you'll suffer from symptoms that are physically and psychologically painful
• Advanced treatment is more expensive and that impacts your day-to-day life, work, and finances
When you are facing a potential misdiagnosis of cancer, it is imperative that you contact a dedicated attorney with ample experience. Let us handle the investigation to learn if there was medical malpractice present. If so, we'll work aggressively to protect your rights and help you to get any compensation owed to you.